The wind didn’t help much getting those crisp shots and it can be frustrating but overall I love the lens and the extension tube!
- First of all, be patient!
- Take tons of shots | Setting your drive mode to high multi
- There are no rules in how many photos you should take. The wasp with the yellow flower, I took over 300 photos.
- Use both your live view and looking through the viewfinder
- I suggest shooting in JPEG especially when it’s windy, that way it will cut your camera’s processing time. Saving time in-between your 3-5 frames per sec.
- Take a break, observe
- Be happy and content if 1-4 photos turn out of the 500 photos you took!
I have never seen so many Dogface Sulphur’s, Bella Moths, and Queens in my explorations before… They certainly started National Pollinator Week out with a bang!
Have a great time photographing all those pollinators!
More about National Pollinator Week: https://pollinator.org/pollinator-week